Monday, January 17, 2011

Big Boy Beds.....

I am a very firm believer in co-sleeping. I love having my babies right there...I always have a cuddle buddy, if they fuss I can calm them before its a full blown affair, and Im that mom who wakes up to make sure her wee babes have the covers they need and are in fact breathing--I really don't wanna get out of bed to check...cuz yeah...Im kinda lazy. ;)
Well, the last week my Zbaby has been stickin his feet in my back. I don't care for that. Nor do I really appreciate him stealing my pillow, Seriously! Jman has slept in a crib rail-less pushed next to my bed for 2 years now and its been a nice set-up. We bought him a toddler bed before he was born and had never used it.
Today I hussled to clean up the room and move the furniture around. We brought in the toddler bed, assembled it, and moved his mattress, covers, and animals. Jman has his own corner. We got Zbaby mattress, pulled out some sheets and covers, and got him set up in the other corner. ......And waited.
Here comes bath time...then bed time. OH NO, HOW IS THIS GOING TO GO, WHOSE GONNA CRY, HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET EVERYONE BACK INTO MY BED, AM I GOING TO CRY..CAVE..OR SOMETHING WORSE....These are all rushin through my head. IVE PUT THIS OFF ON PURPOSE.
This is how it goes down. Zbaby drinks his milk. Jman drinks his milk and tells every one to "hush please, Im seeepin". Zbaby fusses, Jman wiggles. Everytime the Zbaby fusses alittle, Jman wiggles. I go sit by Zbabys bed, and hummmmm Twinkle Star.....hes out, totally passed out. I wiggle over to Jman and ask "Did we forget our prayers?" "yes" he responds. We pray, he rolls over....and hes out, even snores.
Whole process takes no more than 30 minutes. 10 minutes is our average, so I was totally stunned that it only took and extra 20 minutes. It takes atleast that, if not more, on a night were some great excitement took place...and I think new beds is a pretty big excitement.
Im so proud of them for being such big boys, and myself...for actually doing it.
Now...To see how well I sleep...No feet in my back, Missing pillows......
Goodnight bloggers.

2 comments:

  1. yay! Such big boys! I love it when I see successful transition stories. I get so annoyed when people say, "oh if you let your kids sleep with you, they'll never leave your bed!" psh... mine did, when we were all ready. =) Good job Momma! Enjoy a good night's rest, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! They were so excited, and still are. I feel like it almost been too easy, ya know? But I totally believe your children give you cues and thats the best way to parent. They aren't the only one with cues either, they respond how you do. Its just been the best experience. ...of course, you know all that.... ;)

    ReplyDelete