My boys are very unique individuals. ( I know all moms say it, and I know it's every bit a true statement as mine is.)
What works today, will not work tomorrow.
With all the emotional growth, budding maturity, and sensitive feelings we have around here it is no wonder (to me anyhow) that my life is a big ball of chaos. Some days I am able to get loads of laundry done, sinks full of dishes done, floors mopped, candles lit......Others I can not (no matter how hard I try) get even the simplest task of getting everybody dressed. I fully understand and accept that this is what we call life. Everyday my work load easily adjusts to meet the needs of my children. Everyday our routine adjusts to meet the needs of my children. Everyday isn't everyday. Each day is new. Each day is different. My days are full of love, laughter, tempers, tantrums, toys, imaginary places, smiles, hugs, tears, and always jumping on the couch. And I very truly in my heart of hearts would never change that for the world. Do I wish I got more done each day? YES! Do I wish my house was cleaner, maybe a little more organized? YES! Does status quo get me down? Often. But I do not let it keep me down. At the end of the day I know that each moment spent with them is worth more than a pile of dirty clothes, I know that every lesson we learn is more treasured than a cabinet full of clean dishes, I know that the artwork on my wall is more priceless than any Picasso in any museum, and I know that my children know that they are loved and treasured.
So when you find yourself frustrated with the little things that get put off till tomorrow, know that it's beyond better off that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment