Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Shocking behavior

My sweet big man Jeremiah will be four in 3 short weeks. He is behaving astonishingly well. He still has breakdowns because guess what....He is still 3 and an emotional wreck. It is amazing to me how little peoples behavior and emotions work. When he digs deep and pulls something so mature out, Im in shock. Just today he decided he was done coloring. He sorted his markers (washable) and mine (sharpie) while I posted his pictures on my wall. He then thanked me for helping him clean up the mess. You can bet I hugged that boys neck good. When he shows compassion with his younger by two years brother (whom he normally clobbers with whatever toy is the center of the arguement), my heart seriously melts. That child of mine is growing up and turning in to a young fella who loves very deeply. My boy is now a preschooler and no longer a toddler.
My baby Zachariah is growing up. He no longer has his paci. If you were to bring up the subject with him, he will tell you that he broke it. He will also inform you that it is gone-gone, no more new ones, and that he is "abigboy". He demands in that independent manner to do things for himself more and more each day. He desperately wants to wear underwear. I just might let him. Im finally starting to truely see him as the toddler that he is.
Oh my sweet baby Elijah is in such a rush to be a big boy. He is most definately breaking his mommys heart. When you give birth to a 10lb baby, you quickly realize you basically just gave birth to a 3month old child. He has rushed through all of his adorable clothes passed on from his big brothers, this little child of my refuses to lay on his back (he is a big kid after all), I have to keep an eye on his scootin around self, and my-oh-my do I have a talker on my hand. I enjoy each of his sweet smiles and incoherant babbles. I do look forward to each milestone that he is bound to meet and have no desire to hold him back, as well as can not wait to see his personality bloom......but this mommy is truely in no rush.

I love my sweet boys. I love watching them grow and change in the numberous way that they do, and I am so truely blessed to be able to stay home with them and do just that. I can't wait to see the fine young men they become.

No comments:

Post a Comment