Praise God: Because he not only created the world and everyone in it but continues to sustain it through his creative power.
Ask God: To increase your desire to bless other with the gifts he has given you.
With this name of God, Elohim, this week my devo book has been focusing on the creative charateristic of our heavenly father. He created us each uniquely...on purpose. He gave us individual gifts...so that in his image, we too could be creative. He did not just create us to say "Good luck. Do what you can." He takes care of us. I don't know if you ever stop to sit and think on the ways he takes care of you, but that doesn't mean he doesn't.
My husband and I are always thinking on how he is blessing us, teaching us, growing us to the people he wants us to be. Tonight we were discussing where we want to be...the paths we are taking now, where do we think they are taking us. Daniel is currently pursuing his associates degree at our local college. Everybody is always asking him what he wants to do with it. He doesn't have an excact answer, other than "What God leads him to". Which is a good answer, but very hard when your trying to plan for the future. I don't see him as a head pastor, or even an associate pastor, but that doesn't mean that isn't what God has instore for him. Expecially since he is continually changing us....molding us for his purpose.
Alot of days I feel really ADD about what I want. Just today I was watching the craft shows on PBS, and awhile back I picked up learning needle crafts. I keep trying, only to set it down and forget it. The show today really spurred me, I want to know more. I can't move past the good I could do with it.
I am taking some religon classes at the college this semester, re-exploring a book study with some girls, I am going to be apart of a mom ministry at church......this all has renewed a passion for people I have. I feel the desire to follow my husbands lead and pursue an associates in religon. I want to soak up all that I can, in order to share it.
I feel like Daniel is more suited for a role in young adults minsitry. Of all the groups of the church, I would have to say that is where he is most passionate. I would love to be kind of counterpart for him. I sounding board, a study buddy. We shall see.
Basically, I know where I am. I don't really know where I am going, but I am going with joy in my heart and praise on my lips.
God created you.
He made you, on purpose--with a purpose.
He has equipt you with gifts, talents, desires...
How are you sharing what you have?

No comments:
Post a Comment