Thursday, August 26, 2010

Unchanging

Praise God: For his unchanging nature-no matter what happens to us or to the world around us, God remains the same.
Offer Thanks: That our Creator is perfect-nothing could be added to or subtracted from him to improve his nature.


At the end of my time at middle school in Amarillo, TX my mother took me off to start high school in Austin, TX. As middle schoolers do I felt my world had just fallen apart. I would never forgive my mother for destroying my world. She told me "Life is about change. Im sorry, nothing stays the same." At the time I thought she was nuts and just talking to talk. She was right. I see that now. As sad as I am too see the changes and growth in my children, I would love for them to be my little babies forever, I am very excited for each new step and stage. I try to enjoy every stage to the fullest, including two with my toddler right now. I never want to look back at my life and thiers with regrets. My faith is very much the same as is who I am. I am constantly growing and changing, being molded into who I am meant to be. Im learning more about who I am in Christ and thru him.
I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be. I am flawed, and it is my flaws that make me all the more special to my maker. The little details that make me...well me....In it all he sees perfection.
He is perfect! He is everything that he should be. He stays constant in a changing world.
Some changes are great and our fully embraced. There are changes and challenges in this world that bring us down. Thru them all we need to cling to our heavenly father. Let him in his steady, unwavering way lead us through the upheavel of a storm that is this life.
I strive to be like this characteristic of his in the rearing of my children. I will fail, it is in my nature. But in doing so....I will lean on him and teach my children to do so. Teahing them to lean on him, is more important to me than being perfect.

In those moments when everthing is crazy..you feel lost and alone
Remeber He who created you
He who sustains you
He who is there for you no matter what.

Heb 13:5
..."I will never leave you nor forsake you"


No comments:

Post a Comment