Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Wonder of it All

Ask God: To renew your sense of wonder and gratitude for the things he has made.


Upon becoming pregnant with J and learning all that goes on inside my body my wonder for God, his talent, love, and creativity grew to extents that only a woman can truely understand. And that is no way a dig at men for not carrying the babies....My amazement and enjoyment at my own husbands joy, fasination, and total devotion is apart of that wonder. I look back at my laboring moments with both of my sons...It was work. Real work, harder than any other job I shall ever have...But it was worth it, so very worth it. Im in wonder with the whole process.
Watching my children grow, learning as they do, experiencing thing with them for the first time, watching their eyes light up, and feeling the encompassing love of a mother for her children. Those first giggles, crawling, teetering steps, running......along with the bumps, bruises, falls, tears.....all the hugs, kisses, and eventually the I love you's!!
The bugs, plants, mountains, seas, deserts, forests, and animals....
With all that we see, do, and experience in our days I am in shock how in the big moments I lose my wonder. When Im upset with another human, I forget that they too are a child of God. Made with not only a plan, but a purpose. I get frustrated with how my yard looks, the weather when I deem it is not corroperating... all of it is God's creation. Not mine.
I want the wonder all the time. The big and small. It's so easy to find him and feel him in the small moments. There are less distractions, emotions, and really...Less you.

Go outside today...look around. Be amazed and awed at his creation.
Next time your furious with someone, remember, they are God's child...just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment