Monday, August 23, 2010

Elohim-Very first name for God in the Bible

This ancient name for God Contains the idea of God's creative power as well as his authority and sovereignty. (Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler)

My reading today was over Genesis 1 and the creation of the world and man.
Genesis is the first book of the Bible. The begining, and it contains the begining of everything.
Genesis-Birth, history of origin, or genealogy.
And just sitting here pondering on the three definitions, the contections, and the intertwining of them is something in itself. A birth is an origin, but there has to be some history to it. Expecially the birth of a child. Here is your first born son, but to have him you must have a mother and a father....for each of them there is two sets of mothers and fathers. Leading to the genealogy of this first born son.
It goes to tell me that God was long before the begining. I was, long before either of my son's were. I love when God establishes something I've felt and known as long as my faith has been through something I am currently reading, or one of my random thought processes. The process of understanding and growing is never ending......and revelation never ceases to amaze me.

Some questions posed at the end of my reading:
What do you thinnk it means to be created in "the image of God"?
How would your life change if you lived with the constant awareness that he created you to bear his image?
God seams delighted by what he has made, proclaiming it good and even very good. How does God's assessment of creation shape your own attitude toward the world? Toward yourself?

Because I am out of time for now...I will be back later today to discuss these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment